Are you ready to change the world of education?
Do you believe that if given the opportunity, children can be the primary drivers of their learning? That they can be the entrepreneurs of their own education? That on their own, they can identify their life calling and make meaningful progress toward their life goals?
Do you believe that Montessori principles provide an excellent foundation for life’s entrepreneurial journey?
Do you have the ability to create and nurture a classroom culture where learning is self-directed, enthusiastic, and joyous?
If your answer to all of these is “yes,” we’d love to explore with you how you could join our team of innovators working to launch the Acton Academy at the Children’s House at Serenbe, and in the process, help change the world of education.
You can find out more about the Acton educational model at www.actonacademyorg.
Email a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
The cover letter should outline how your skills and experience will help our students as they move along their hero’s journey, as well as how this position will be part of your own journey.
The guide will be responsible for facilitating the creation of a learning culture of hard work, high standards, warmth, joy and enthusiasm. He/she will:
- In meetings with each student and their parents, help establish learning goals, track and communicate progress, and facilitate adjustments as needed.
- Delegate (with appropriate guard rails) the responsibility for the classroom and learning to students, so that students learn to lead themselves.
- Guide children as they develop their individual and group self-governance skills
- Practice the Socratic method at all times, asking questions instead of answering them.
- Facilitate Socratic group discussions, in a manner that instills enthusiasm in the students.
- Encourage students to make their best efforts in everything they do.
- Help create exhibitions, ceremonies, and celebrations documenting students’ progress.
- Has a deep respect for the genius in every child.
- Communicates effectively, orally and in writing.
- Is a lifelong learner.
- Works hard and learns quickly.
- Can work with little direct guidance, but can take direction from others.
- Is willing to be coached and mentored.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Training and experience in Montessori or other non-traditional models a plus, but not required
Primary Montessori Assistant
Assistant position available in the Primary (3-7) community. A challenge as educators is to participate in the moment without controlling it. We seek to remain present and engage in the experience as it unfolds, following the child's path of interest as opposed to focusing on a predetermined outcome. If you love working with children and are interested in capturing ordinary moments and turning them into extraordinary possibilities send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Montessori experience preferred but not required