1. We long for our Learners to discover a calling that will change the world, as promised in Acton Academy’s mission. We will allow our Learners to fail early, cheaply and as often as necessary without intervening, and in the event our Learners struggles, we will refer to the Hero’s Journey for Parents note for counsel before reacting.
2. We welcome Acton Academy as a self-paced environment where Learners run the studios through the delegation of certain rights by guide and parents, with access to dozens of experts for instruction, allowing Guides to focus on an engaging set of challenges and questions.
3. We will celebrate our Learners progress in earning Weekly Points, Badges and Positive 360 Peer Coaching Reviews according to a learning plan we create, and act if needed to: remove distractions like gaming, video or social media; lessen resistance; or overcome feelings of victimhood so our Learners can soar.
4. Further, for our own Hero’s Journeys as parents:
* We will remain lifelong learners and each will have an active learning project (such as a book or self-improvement project) at all times to discuss with our Children.
* Our family will develop and post a Family Plan by September 15th and have Family Meetings at regularly scheduled intervals.
* At least one of us will attend at least two of the three Parent Meetings each year, where Socratic discussions will focus on our Hero’s Journey as parents.
* We will bring our Learners to campus before 8:30 am and understand Learners who arrive late may not be able to participate in that morning’s activities.